Manage Content on iOS 11After turn on iPhone, and Setup new iPhone using the new automatic setup assistant on iOS 11, the Setup Assistant steps you through the process manage iOS 11, including:
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Signing in with or creating a free Apple ID (needed for many features, including iCloud, FaceTime, the iTunes Store, the App Store, and more)
- Entering a passcode
- Setting up iCloud and iCloud Keychain
- Turning on recommended features such as Location Services
- Adding a credit or debit card to Passbook to use with Apple Pay (iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus)
- Activating iPhone with your carrieriCloud stores your photos and videos, documents, music, calendars, contacts, and more.
You can also manually manage content from iTunes, in the device’s Summary pane. This lets you
add songs and videos, by choosing a song, video, or playlist from your iTunes library and then
dragging it to your iPhone in iTunes. This is useful if your iTunes library contains more items than
can fit on your device. If you use iTunes Match, you can manually manage only video.
Connect iPhone to Computer
Connecting iPhone iOS 11 to your computer than you can sync content from your computer using iTunes.
Manual Connect iPhone to Computer :
- An Internet connection for your computer (broadband is recommended)
- A Mac or a PC with a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, and one of the following operating systems:
- OS X version 10.6.8 or later
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
Sync with iTunes 11
iOS 11 Syncing with iTunes copies information from your computer to iPhone, and vice versa. You can sync by connecting iPhone to your computer, or you can set up iTunes to sync wirelessly with
Wi-Fi. You can set iTunes to sync music, videos, apps, photos, and more.
iTunes 11 Tutorial
- Open iTunes on your computer, choose Help > iTunes Help,
- Then select Sync your iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
Set up iOS 11
Set up iOS 11 and wireless syncing. Connect iPhone to your computer. In iTunes on your computer, select your iPhone, click Summary, then select Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi. If Wi-Fi syncing is turned on, iPhone syncs when it’s connected to a power source, both iPhone and your computer are on and connected to the same wireless network, and iTunes is open on your computer.
iOS 11 Tips
Connect iPhone to your computer, select it in iTunes, then set options in the different panes.
- If iPhone doesn’t appear in iTunes, make sure you’re using the latest version of iTunes, check
- that the included cable is correctly connected, then try restarting your computer.
- In the Summary pane, you can set iTunes to automatically sync iPhone when it’s attached to your computer. To temporarily prevent syncing when you attach the device, hold down Command and Option (Mac) or Shift and Control (PC) until you see iPhone appear in the iTunes window.
- In the Summary pane, select “Encrypt iPhone backup” if you want to encrypt the information stored on your computer when iTunes makes a backup. Encrypted backups are indicated by a lock icon , and a password is required to restore the backup. If you don’t select this option, other passwords (such as those for mail accounts) aren’t included in the backup and you’ll have to reenter them if you use the backup to restore iPhone.
- In the Music pane, you can sync music using your playlists.
- In the Photos pane, you can sync photos and videos from a supported app or folder on your computer.
- If you use iCloud to store your contacts, calendars, and bookmarks, don’t also sync them to iPhone using iTunes.
- If you turn on iCloud Photo Library, you can’t use iTunes to sync photos and videos to iPhone.
How To Change The Name On An iPhone
The name of your iPhone is used by both iTunes and iCloud.
Manual Change the name on iPhone:
- Go to Settings > General > About > Name.
Get iPhone 8 Ultimate Guide
View this iPhone User Guide
You can view the iPhone User Guide on iPhone in Safari, and in the iBooks app.iPhone Guide view the iPhone user guide:
- View the user guide in Safari. Tap , then tap the iPhone User Guide bookmark. (If you don’t see a bookmark, go to help.apple.com/iphone/.)
- View the user guide in a different language: Tap Change Language at the bottom of the home page.
- View the user guide in iBooks. Open iBooks, then search for “iPhone user” in the iBooks Store.
Tips for using iOS 11
The Tips app helps you get the most from iPhone. Get Tips. Open the Tips app. New tips are added weekly. Get notified when new tips arrive.
iOS 11 online Tips
- Go to Settings > Notifications > Tips.